#4 Minimize Workstation Security Risks
• Record movement of data and hardware systems.
• Document all portable storage and end points.
• Review what’s in the cloud, do you know?
• Document retired equipment.
• Review and or update Proper disposal of electronic systems and documents.
• Update passwords and review how interoffice electronic information is transmitted.
• Review employee accountability and sanction policy.
Review access to PHI by employees—are you meeting the HIPAA minimum necessary standard? Employees should have the “minimum necessary information” needed to do their job (except in treatment situations where they need full access).
This significant series will be followed up by a Lunch and Learn webinar instructed by our very own Roger Shindell, MS. CHPS, CISA who currently sits on AHIMA’s Privacy and Security Practice Counsel and is also, Director for the Indiana Chapter of HIMSS. Roger is a presenter on HIPAA topics for the Global Compliance Panel, an international company that delivers diverse, high quality regulatory & compliance trainings. REGISTER HERE FOR THE WEBINAR!